Thursday, June 4, 2015

A-Z Challenge - Domestic Discipline #SpankA2Z


For D day I thought I'd talk about Domestic Discipline. We write books about it. We read books about it. Some of us live it out in our daily live's. Some of us dream about it. One thing's for sure, though, it is a very popular topic in the spanking world. 

Although Domestic Discipline is not all about the spanking, many of this type of relationship include them from one degree to the other. DD typically involves one partner being the dominant, in charge, partner with the other being the more submissive partner. Some have established rules, while others go by the four D's (Dishonesty, Disrespect, Disobedience, & Dangerous behavior,) and still others choose a more goal oriented style of DD. 



This can be a small aspect of the relationship all the way to an all encompassing aspect. As someone who has been in this dynamic with my husband for 6 years it has been all the way from one extreme to the other depending on what's happening in our lives to our mentality at the time. I remember when I stumbled upon DD what seems like a million years ago it was like a light bulb going off. It encompassed everything I wanted in a spanking relationship. I always had a need that I could not completely identify. DD fit that need to a T. 



It gave a purpose to my fetish (I never would have admitted that it was a fetish back then & I definitely thought DD & the fetish were mutually exclusive...not true!) I have always been a self help type of person, always seeking to improve myself. Like any marriage we needed some work in the communication department. I definitely had qualities & habits I wanted to improve on. It took many years before we actually incorporated it into our lives, actually until I fully admitted to my husband that I needed this. When I finally did we jumped in with both feet. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be, but also a lot more satisfying.



We had the typical two steps forward one step back. At the end of the first year I can say with all honesty we had never been happier. Our communication skills had gone through the roof. I have a bit of a homemaker fetish (and a lot of room for improvement,) so that's where we started along with respect. Some years we have had full boat DD and others it is mostly play. What I've learned is that this is now a part of who we are. Even if life gets in the way (boy has it!) we will circle back eventually. That realization has made me very secure. 

What parts of DD appeal to you? 
What parts do you think you would struggle with?
I'd love to hear your input!




1 comment:

  1. Hi Corrine, we started with bedroom play and extended it beyond the bedroom and eventually incorporated DD. Consistency has been hard though and there were aspects we struggled with. We called a halt to DD a while back and have recently started playing again and working through how we want our dynamic to look going forward.

    The best part is the greater communication, connection and intimacy.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete